In addition to the name and address of the manufacturer, the instructions that must be supplied with the PPE must contain all relevant information on:
- instructions for storage, use, cleaning, maintenance, servicing and disinfection.
Cleaning, maintenance or disinfectant products recommended by manufacturers must have no adverse effect on the PPE
or the user when applied in accordance with the relevant instructions;
- performance as recorded during relevant technical tests to check the levels or classes of protection provided by the PPE;
- where applicable, accessories that may be used with the PPE and the characteristics of appropriate spare parts;
- where applicable, the classes of protection appropriate to different levels of risk and the corresponding limits of use;
- where applicable, the month and year or period of obsolescence of the PPE or of certain of its components;
The information referred to in some of the forementioned points need not be contained in the instructions supplied by the manufacturer
if the EU declaration of conformity accompanies the PPE.
- where applicable, the type of packaging suitable for transport;
- the significance of any markings (see point 2.12);
- the risk against which the PPE is designed to protect;
- the reference to this Regulation and, where applicable, the references to other Union harmonisation legislation;
- the name, address and identification number of the notified body or bodies involved in the conformity assessment of the PPE;
- references to the relevant harmonised standard(s) used, including the date of the standard(s), or references to the other technical specifications used;
- the internet address where the EU declaration of conformity can be accessed.
We can help you prepare/review your product's instructions and information.